Health and well-being, especially with the prospect of extended longevity, is the desire of seniors, families, and the extended community. We are on a mission to help seniors thrive and live fully.
CENTERS FOR SENIOR LIFE
The YWCA of Houston Centers for Senior Life offers a daily nutritional meal, socialization opportunities, exercise, nutrition education, information and assistance, and a variety of other life-enhancing programs. Participants participate in health education and fitness activities at one of our 11 centers located throughout the Houston area.
Where applicable, transportation can be made available to and from the center. To qualify for the YWCA of Houston Congregate Nutrition Program, a person must be at least 60 years old and/or the spouse of a 60 or over participant.
Centers offer seniors valuable education related to healthy meal planning, health care, and accessing medical benefits and services. We are currently located at the following centers listed below:
Centers for Senior Life Locations:
• Bellerive Senior Center, 7225 Bellerive, Houston, TX 77036
• Lyerly Senior Center, 75 Lyerly St., Houston, TX 77022
• Kingspoint Senior Center, 10900 Kingspoint Ste., 5, Houston, TX 77075
• Lakeview Senior Center, 8950 Hammerly Blvd., Houston, TX 77080
• Longhorn Senior Center, 1414 Longhorn, Houston, TX 77080
• North Central Senior Center, 9718 Clark Park, Houston, TX 77076
• Oak Tree Senior Center, 14603 Fonmeadow, Houston, TX 77035
• South Kirkwood Senior Center, 8603 South Kirkwood, Houston, TX 77099
• Telephone Senior Center, 6000 Telephone Rd., Houston, TX 77087
• West Office Senior Center, 10303 West Office, Houston, TX 77042
• Gateway Senior Center, 6309 Martin Luther King Jr., Houston, TX 77021
• Legacy Veteran Center for Senior Life, US Vet’s at Midtown Terrace Suites at 4640 Main St., Houston, TX 77002
Please contact Augustine Stout, Manager of Nutrition Services at (713) 640-6817 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how your loved one can participate or obtain a schedule of activities.
JOIN US ON A MISSION
We’re always looking for people to join us on a mission to help our seniors thrive!
Donate or Sponsor
If you would like to partner with the YWCA of Houston to donate food and/or resources or to sponsor our Seniors Programs, please complete the donation form. Donate
Our seniors thrive and live a full and active life. We’re always in need of volunteers willing to offer their time and talents to host activities, classes, exercises, and more to create the best experience for our seniors! Please consider volunteering at one of our Centers or to serve and/or deliver meals. Volunteer Here
If you are interested in touring our program or volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (713) 640-6823 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thanks to our donors and supporters!